When night falls, uncover a new Toledo, rediscover the buildings, thanks to the artistic illumination that has visitors and tourists enjoying the lights and walking the building-lined streets. The illumination highlights artistic elements like sculptures and overhangs, while also displaying the great dimensions of the buildings and other elements of Gothic, Spanish-Muslim, Renaissance and Baroque architecture. At the same time, these lights represent a strong and firm commitment of the city to sustainability, respecting the environment and conserving energy.
The panoramic view of the city from the Mirador, of the valley, the terraces and hotels of the Cigarrales and the “Parador of Toledo” provide an astonishingly sublime view of Toledo at night.
The monuments illuminated are the Cathedral, City building, el Alcazar, Mosque of Cristo de la Luz, la Puerta de Bisagra, the Wall, the Convento de San Gil and Teatro Rojas in the following times:
The city of Toledo will be illuminated on the following:
* Every weekend, all year, Friday and Saturday nights, from sunset until 24:00
* Holidays: the night before and the night of the holiday, from sunset until 24:00
* Christmas: December 24 – January 6, every night from sunset until 24:00 except on December 24, December 31 and January 5 (the night before Epiphany) the illumination is until 03:00
* Carnaval: Wednesday – Sunday, sunset until 24:00 except Saturday which is until 03:00
* Holy Week (Semana Santa): Good Friday – Easter Sunday from sunset until 03:00
* Corpus: Wednesday – Sunday, sunset until 03:00
* August Fair (Feria de Agosto): August 18 until the end of the festival, sunset until 03:00
* Immaculate Conception and Constitution Day: December 5th – 8, from sunset until 24:00
¿Quieres encender los monumentos de la ciudad fuera de los horarios habituales? Más información en el siguiente Link: Información en pdf