The Baths of the Caballel

It is in 1183 that the baths of the Caballel or Caballito were first mentioned. They lay in the underground of nº 13 of the Colegio de los Infantes square and nº 5 and 6 of the Fuentes square. The proximity of the Zoco (souk) and the mosque, the abundance of water in the area and the succes of the bath among the Muslim population filled the area of the Fuentes Square with baths and wash houses. Less than a hundred metres away were the Baths of the Cenizal (also restored by the Consortium of Toledo), those of the Pozo amargo, of the Caballel and those laying under the Colegio de los Infantes, which no longer exist today.

The preserver architectural remains are situated under the buildings of number 13 and 14 of the Colegio de los Infantes square and of number 5 and 6 of the Fuentes square. Due to acces problems and destruction caused by renovation work on some houses, the location is not well-defined but it would seem that it is made of an entrance room from which start, in a longitudinal way, three rooms corresponding to the cold, warm and hot rooms

Este sitio usa cookies de navegación, que recogen información genérica y anónima, siendo el objetivo último mejorar el funcionamiento de la web. Si continuas navegando, consideramos que aceptas el uso de cookies. Más información sobre las cookies y su uso en POLITICA DE COOKIES