Convent of The Conception
The convent of the franciscan Conception is Situated to the Northeast of the historical quarters of Toledo, bordered on the north by the town walls and to the front by the Miradero (vantage point). Once the city was in the hands of the Christians, the buildins forming the Palacios Galiana were divided by the Christian king throughout the Late Middle Ages.
The convent changed hands at the beginning of the 16th century. In 1484 Lady Beatriz de Silva moved into the Palacios de Galiana, in the Santa Fe Chapel, with twelve companions. In 1489 Pope Innocent VIII approved the new foundation through the "Inter Universa" Papal Bull; this founding period was completed in 1511 with the "Ad Statum Prosperum" Papal Bull, in which Pope Julius II gave the Order of the Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary its proper Rules.