Convent of San Gil

The building of the old convent of the "franciscanos descalzos" (literally "shoeless Franciscans"), was erected in the XVII Century, as a seminary for missionaries.

After the eccelsiastical confiscation in 1835 it had various uses: it was a provincial prison until 1939, then barracks for the Civil Guard and a fire station. Since its last restoration and renovation it has been the headquarters of the Courts of Castile-La Mancha, its old church being the current Legislative Chamber.

The tunnel that leads to the building forms part of the project to join the coast that borders the city on the south-east side with the western exit.

Este sitio usa cookies de navegación, que recogen información genérica y anónima, siendo el objetivo último mejorar el funcionamiento de la web. Si continuas navegando, consideramos que aceptas el uso de cookies. Más información sobre las cookies y su uso en POLITICA DE COOKIES