Convent of San Antonio de Padua

The convent of San Antonio de Padua of Franciscan monks was created in 1525 in the palace of the advisor Fernando de Ávalos, confiscated by order of the emperor for reasons of common ownership. The entrance is gothic-Mudejar from the XV Century. There is a patio with a lintel, very similar to the nearby palace of Fuensalida.

The Chapter House, from the same age, has a fine tiling collection, as does the choir. A little before the convent door, there is a brick entrance that leads to the Renaissance style church of one nave and a wide choir at its base.

Its main altar has an original baroque altarpiece (XVIII Century), in unpainted wood. In the side chapels are the sepulchres of its founders, the De la Fuente family. The ashlars from the XVII Century are also interesting, located in the choir that, like nearly all those that the convent has was donated by other orders after the fires and destruction during the War of Independence.

Este sitio usa cookies de navegación, que recogen información genérica y anónima, siendo el objetivo último mejorar el funcionamiento de la web. Si continuas navegando, consideramos que aceptas el uso de cookies. Más información sobre las cookies y su uso en POLITICA DE COOKIES