Convent of Carmelitas Descalzos

The convent of del Espíritu Santo was finally established at this location in 1643, the building planned by the architect of the Carmelite order, friar Pedro de San Bartolomé replacing several stately homes.

The church is of a rectangular base with three naves, with access through an entrance in two parts, decorated only by the shields of the Order. The naves are covered by a barrel vault, while the transept and the five chapels of the lateral naves end in domes on pechinas.

Tiled panels from the XVIII Century adorn the central nave and the chapels. The altarpieces come from other buildings.

Este sitio usa cookies de navegación, que recogen información genérica y anónima, siendo el objetivo último mejorar el funcionamiento de la web. Si continuas navegando, consideramos que aceptas el uso de cookies. Más información sobre las cookies y su uso en POLITICA DE COOKIES