Cambrón Gate

Originally a Muslim door, heavily altered. In its current version it dates from 1576, and was built on a square base, with an interior patio surrounded by four towers covered by slate capitals.

On both sides there are Renaissance entrances with coats of arms, that of the city on the outside and of Felipe II on the inside. Below this can be senn a fine image of Santa Leocadia, patron saint of Toledo and of this door, which is the only one open to road traffic.

Its name comes from cambroneras, thorny bushes that grew here.

Este sitio usa cookies de navegación, que recogen información genérica y anónima, siendo el objetivo último mejorar el funcionamiento de la web. Si continuas navegando, consideramos que aceptas el uso de cookies. Más información sobre las cookies y su uso en POLITICA DE COOKIES